The African Institute for Investigative Journalism (AllJ) has a job opening for an associate video journalist interested in grounding their career in investigative video journalism.
The candidate will be involved as a producer, reporter, video operator and video editor for investigative stories . The position involves involves working with the AllJ technical team to develop and plan for live or recorded video segments.
The ideal candidate will be contributing to and generating story ideas, setting up and shooting videos on location, contributing to social media especially Instagram and Facebook through availing video content and editing videos using Adobe premiere shooting footage.
AIIJ is a non-profit media organisation that is creating a home for investigative journalism in Africa by using journalism as a tool for promoting social accountability, inform public discourse and create a nurturing space for professional and passionate investigative journalists.
Closing date: 10 July 2022
- Applicants must hold a Bachelor’s degree in journalism or any other relevant field.
- At least two years of experience in a similar role working with a reputable organisation.
- Knowledge of multiple editing software and a high standard of editorial judgment.
- Ability to originate and develop programme ideas.
- A thorough understanding of production methods used in TV broadcasting and the ability to use technical and operational skills across television, radio and online as required.
- Detailed knowledge of the editorial policy and awareness of legal considerations applying to all types of output.
To apply, submit your application letter, detailed CV and academic documents with a daytime telephone number to Aiijuganda2020@gmail.com
For more information regarding the position, click here.