Housing Television Africa is looking to hire a broadcast journalist with not less than three years experience in TV anchoring and reporting for a full time position for its Housing Development Programme.
Housing Television Africa, operators of Housing Development Programme is an organisation focused on providing authoritative housing information and promoting affordable housing and home ownership in Nigeria.
Location: Abuja, Nigeria.
Closing date: Rolling
The broadcast journalist will have a wide range of responsibilities, which can include:
- Conducting research to develop story ideas and angles, interviewing sources, and gathering evidence to support claims in the piece.
- Writing news stories and producing news reports that fulfil the goals of the station or network’s management, including increasing ratings and attracting new viewers
- Working with producers, editors, camera operators, and other staff members to develop, produce, and broadcast news content.
- Anchoring online TV programme
- News sourcing
- Reporting on breaking news stories as they happen, interviewing people affected by the event, and sharing information with viewers or readers as it becomes available
- Interviewing guests about topics such as housing, economy etc.
- Conducting interviews with experts on related topics
- Writing scripts for radio broadcasts or producing video segments for television news shows using computer programs such as Photoshop or Premier Pro
- Reporting on housing, and other areas of interest to the community.
- Proven working experience as a broadcast journalist
- Degree in Journalism, Theatre Arts, English, Mass Communications, or any other related discipline.
- Portfolio of published articles or newscasts
- Ability to gather, write and edit news with little or no supervision
- Broad knowledge of headlines
- Computer proficiency (MS Office, digital editing, web search, databases)
- Excellent and effective communication and active listening skills
- Integrity and morality
To apply, click here
The SolutionsPaper is a a multimedia advocacy outlet that is leveraging solutions and constructive journalism to raise civic and early career journalists across Africa.