The International Press Centre (IPC) requests application from suitably qualified applicants for vacant positions of chief correspondent and reporter under its online news portal – the Nigerian Democratic Report (NDR).
NDR is an independent news medium and media resource online platform managed by IPC. NDR shall be expanding its scope to cover broader and diverse coverage of the 2023 electoral process and related democratic governance through model reports.
This shall entail incisive stories, features and analysis on cross cutting issues about Nigeria’ electoral process, including issues that enhances credible elections, democratic governance, INEC, political and electoral reforms, transparency and accountability, citizens participation, issues of inclusivity affecting Women, People living with disability (PWDs), Youths and the electoral process as well as issues on conflict transformation, hate speech, etc, encompassing the electoral processes of the 2023 and the 2027 elections.
IPC is a leading media development and press freedom organisation dedicated to building media capacities for democracy and development.
Deadline: 12 August, 2022
1. Follow electoral and democratic related issues and report same on the NDR. This shall entail writing engaging and incisive model news/features stories on daily/weekly basis covering a range of journalism reports on activities, stories, investigations, features and analysis on/about cross cutting issues of Nigeria’s electoral process.
2. Liaise with the NDR editor on producing timely and accurate news/features report, including providing appropriate picture from events attended, according to NDR’s house style, or as may be necessary, based on editorial decisions.
3. Interface with the IPC project team, as may be applicable, to ensure the coverage of all news worthy activities, such as visits, meetings, workshop, project activities, press releases, and related activities under the EU-ESDGN II project, or as may be directed.
1. A minimum of a university degree or higher national diploma with proven experience in journalism and media practice.
2. Applicants must be tech-savvy, self-driven, innovative and possess a knack for writing compelling stories.
3. Applicants must posses proven experience in journalism and media practice.
To submit application, kindly send a copy of your CV with a cover letter and links of two (2) stories showcasing your writing acumen on a model, balanced electoral or democratic governance issues to: firstname.lastname@example.org
I am Chinweuba Michael Tochi, a brand designing specialist that focuses on graphic and website designs. I am also a proficient digital marketer, photographer and a graduate of Biochemistry from one of the most prestigious private universities in Nigeria.