Media Trust Group, publishers of Daily Trust newspapers, operators of Trust TV and Trust Radio is looking a suitably qualified candidate to fill the position of a gender journalist.
The ideal candidate will be responsible for researching, compiling, writing, reporting, producing, and/or presenting multimedia content that investigates, highlights, and addresses issues that are of interest or concern to our female audience across print, digital, TV, and radio platforms.
Closing date: Rolling
1. Generating and developing a fresh, innovative and creative approach to writing, producing, editing, and publishing stories that focus on women for all our platforms.
2. Creating women-centric content for print, TV, radio, and digital platforms – videos, gifs, photos, social lives and/or stories, etc – including news stories, features, interviews, analyses, among others.
3. Being up to date with trending issues that are of interest to women on and off social media and reacting accordingly.
4. Ensuring that all women-centric content published adheres to Media Trust Group’s editorial guidelines.
1. A bachelor’s or a higher degree in Journalism, Mass Communication, Broadcast Journalism or related courses in social sciences and the humanities is essential.
2. At least three years of experience working as a multimedia women/gender reporter.
3. Expert knowledge of the media landscape in Nigeria and beyond, and of audience needs and the use of technology and digital tools to enhance journalistic practices
4. Should have a successful record and demonstrable experience of working in a multimedia production environment, an excellent knowledge of development on the media landscape, and thorough understanding of issues that concern women.
5. Should have an eye for a good story and the ability to tell multimedia stories in English and Hausa.
6. Must have strong editorial judgment and a solid understanding of journalistic ethics and media laws.
7. Should also possess the ability to create content from the development of an idea through to editing and publishing and have experience producing content for print, online and social platforms like Facebook, Instagram, TikTok, Twitter, and YouTube
For more information and to apply, click here
I am Chinweuba Michael Tochi, a brand designing specialist that focuses on graphic and website designs. I am also a proficient digital marketer, photographer and a graduate of Biochemistry from one of the most prestigious private universities in Nigeria.