The Media for Environment, Science, Health and Agriculture (MESHA) is inviting journalists and podcasters to submit in-dept podcast proposals on efforts in place to promote, study and save east Africa biodiversity.
The call comes under MESHA’s journalists acting for biodiversity project (JAB) which is funded by the JRS Biodiversity Foundation and aims to underscore the important role biodiversity plays in society, existence, economy and ecosystem.
The podcast episodes will be broadcast on the podcasters own platform, MESHA’s podcasts platform and on Youtube in both English and Kiswahili.
MESHA is a non profit association of journalists and communicators who are specialised in environmental, agriculture, health, technology and development reporting.
Closing date: 31 July, 2022
Topics Under Consideration
- The critical importance of biodiversity to sustaining tourism
- Community involvement in research and conservation efforts
- Emerging issues and new innovations relating to biodiversity
- Valuing ecosystem services (i.e water regulation, medicine, food/fiber sources, soil fertility) of biodiversity to our society and economy
- Local journalists in east Africa focusing on environment, biodiversity or those who have worked with MESHA before engaged in science related reporting will be primary beneficiaries of the podcast story grants
- Collaborative reporting that will involve more than one journalist and at least one scientist or researcher willing to share resulting coverage will be highly considered.
To apply, send your podcast pitch to firstname.lastname@example.org on or before the closing date.
The SolutionsPaper is a a multimedia advocacy outlet that is leveraging solutions and constructive journalism to raise civic and early career journalists across Africa.