Nairametrics is accepting applications from experienced news analyst and writers to cover six news beats in its newsroom.
Nairametrics is recruiting for the positions of an aviation analyst, junior investment analyst, energy analyst, metro and diaspora analyst, consumer goods analyst and cryptocurrency analyst.
Nairametrics is a financial and business news media company using financial literacy and simple analytic tools to deliver financial and business news across Africa.
Closing date: Rolling
- Maintain an in-depth understanding of your beat to deliver confident writing at multiple levels of sophistication.
- Cover your beat with timely, daily, weekly news and be abreast of all news.
- Ensure timely breaking news across your beats and other beats assigned.
- Conduct interviews and represent the company at functions, press briefings and general events.
- Cover all categories of stories according to Nairametrics content format.
- Create original content and enhance existing content while incorporating SEO best practices.
- Brainstorm, research, and contribute ideas for contents that are of interest to readers.
- At least three years writing experience in a digital or print media organisation.
- At least two years’ experience covering your beat of interest as listed above
- Minimum BSc/HND in Financial Management or any related discipline
- Highly knowledgeable about businesses and financial information as it relates to your area of coverage.
- Good command of English both in speaking and writing.
- Effective storytelling skills.
- Experience in interacting with people at all levels.
- Social personality with good people network and a natural zeal to keep up with social, financial, business, economic and political news both local and foreign.
- Good understanding of the media industry and its operations.
- Availability to work on a hybrid base. (80 percent remote)
To apply, interested applicants should send their resume and two links to published articles to firstname.lastname@example.org with the job title as the email’s subject.
The SolutionsPaper is a a multimedia advocacy outlet that is leveraging solutions and constructive journalism to raise civic and early career journalists across Africa.