Reuters is seeking a talented and energetic news correspondent to cover politics and general news in Nigeria.
The position offers an enterprising reporter the opportunity to report on a wide range of topics, from Nigeria’s policy making and regional diplomacy, to its deadly insurgencies, cultural and technological innovation, and efforts to diversify its economy away from oil. A willingness to travel, sometimes at short notice, is essential and can include hostile environments such as natural disasters and conflict zones.
Thomson Reuters is a multinational news media conglomerate that uses a worldwide network of journalists and editors to gather information, innovation and authoritative insight to unravel complex situations.
Location: Abuja, Nigeria
Closing date: Rolling
- Produce exclusive news, insightful analyses and deeply reported features.
- Cultivate high-level sources to break news that sets Reuters apart from the competition.
- Be fast, accurate and ensure Reuters clients get the news first.
- Work closely with visuals colleagues to deliver stories in all formats.
- Collaborate with colleagues across the region and globally on a wide range of stories
- Have at least three years of professional journalism experience
- Be fluent in English with strong writing skills; proficiency in a Nigerian language would be a plus.
- Have a knack for multimedia storytelling and be willing to produce visuals to accompany your stories when needed.
- Be a self-starter and excellent team player.
- Have a deep knowledge of Nigeria and the region, including an understanding of the key issues and players, and a knack for explaining them to a global audience.
- Have an intuitive ability to cut through the noise and focus on key issues in a large and dynamic country.
- Be comfortable covering breaking news at speed, even as you focus on delivering scoops and high-impact features.
For more information and to apply click, here
I am Chinweuba Michael Tochi, a brand designing specialist that focuses on graphic and website designs. I am also a proficient digital marketer, photographer and a graduate of Biochemistry from one of the most prestigious private universities in Nigeria.