The Thomson Reuters Foundation (TR Foundation) is seeking for a talented journalist in Nigeria to join it’s award-winning news team and contribute to it’s Inclusive Economies pillar.
The ideal candidate will be able to cover issues ranging from socio-economic inclusion, sustainable business, just transition, race / gender / sexual orientation-based discrimination and its impact on economies, informal economies, new economic / business models and similarly related topics.
The TR Foundation is seeking a journalist who knows how to write for digital audiences, always thinks of multimedia possibilities for stories, and comes to the table with innovative ideas for storytelling.
The TR Foundation is a corporate foundation of Thomson Reuters, the global news and information services company. They work to advance media freedom, foster more inclusive economies, and promote human rights through news, media development, free legal assistance and convening initiatives.
Closing date: 10 August 2022
Location: Lagos, Nigeria.
Remuneration: Competitive salary packages and market-leading benefits.
1. Pitch, research and write deeply reported stories from West Africa covering socio-economic inclusion, fair labour, sustainable business and the impact of economic forces on ordinary people.
2. Collaborate with social media team to create informative and engaging social posts
3. Develop and manage a network of contacts, expert freelancers, photographers and video journalists.
4. Collaborate across TR Foundation’s focus areas – Climate, Inclusive Economies and Tech and Society – to produce cross-pollinating stories
1. At least 5 years of journalism experience
2. Sound understanding of global geopolitics and macroeconomics
3. Expertise in reporting economic and social issues and their impact on people, particularly in West Africa
4. Passion for covering under-reported stories, and for centering people, not markets, in your coverage.
5. Versatile and engaging writing style able to adapt to digital as well as traditional media audiences.
6. Familiarity with multimedia storytelling, including video and audio production and photography.
7. Strong understanding of social media and digital audiences.
8. Ability to meet deadlines .
9. Legal right to work in Nigeria
For more information and to apply, click here
I am Chinweuba Michael Tochi, a brand designing specialist that focuses on graphic and website designs. I am also a proficient digital marketer, photographer and a graduate of Biochemistry from one of the most prestigious private universities in Nigeria.