The Republic is seeking for a Senior Associate Editor who will develop digital and print editorial projects focused on Nigerian politics and wider political issues, manage authors and editors, commission and manage essays.
The Republic is looking for a keen and highly professional individual, with a progressive and independent mindset. Preferred candidate will be deft line editor with a love of elegant writing and skilled at structuring both short and longform narratives for maximum impact.
The Republic is a new digital subscription publication that provides unrivalled, smart, political journalism for Africa-curious online audiences.
Closing date: 30 September, 2022
Location: Lagos, Nigeria
Remuneration: N450,000-N600,000 monthly gross salary (inclusive of benefits), depending on skills and qualifications.
1. A master’s degree (preferred) and top-tier academic credentials (2.1 minimum undergraduate qualifications)
2. At least three years of previous editorial/journalistic/research experience (excluding NYSC)
3. Excellent research, writing and reading skills;
4. Proven ability to communicate complex concepts in a clear, accessible way;
5. Previous editorial and leadership experience; and
6. Proficiency with Microsoft Office and WordPress
For more information and to apply, click here
I am Chinweuba Michael Tochi, a brand designing specialist that focuses on graphic and website designs. I am also a proficient digital marketer, photographer and a graduate of Biochemistry from one of the most prestigious private universities in Nigeria.