The Global Landscapes Forum (GLF) and the Youth in Landscapes Initiative (YIL) are inviting applications for the 2022 Stories of Africa youth storytelling contest.
The storytelling contest aims to amplify critical voices across the African continent. The competition is looking for perspectives from indigenous peoples, local communities, pastoralists, women leaders, farmers, community leaders and underrepresented groups.
The three best stories will receive prizes of EUR 500, 300 and 200 respectively while the best 10 to 15 stories will be showcased at the GLF Africa Digital Conference 2022 on 15 September 2022.
The GLF is the world’s largest knowledge-led platform on integrated land use, dedicated to achieving the Sustainable Development Goals (SDGs) and the Paris Climate Agreement.
Closing date: 14 August 2022
- The contestants must be between the ages of 18 and 35.
2. Contestants should be Africans who are resident in the continent.
3. Contestants could also belong to the African diaspora
4. Contestants should have a strong interest in amplifying the voices of African youth.
5. Stories should be around food systems and livelihoods, land tenure and rights, land degradation and restoration, youth initiatives, women’s leadership
For more information and to submit your story, click here
I am Chinweuba Michael Tochi, a brand designing specialist that focuses on graphic and website designs. I am also a proficient digital marketer, photographer and a graduate of Biochemistry from one of the most prestigious private universities in Nigeria.